Consumer and Community Engagement Expert Adviser
We are looking for someone really special to join our team at CHF as a Community Engagement Expert Adviser. As the national peak body representing the interests of Australian healthcare consumers and those with an interest in health care consumers affairs, we want to build capacity in our Consumer Representative Program and equip consumer leaders and advocates to act with impact and influence.
This role will suit an experienced, pragmatically minded consumer and community engagement practitioner with a passion and flair to influence consumer-led improvements to the health care system. You will be working with the CEO to provide expert consumer and community engagement services and advice to CHF members, clients and stakeholders, and to lead and coordinate CHF's Consumer Representatives Program.
The Consumer and Community Engagement (CCE) Expert Adviser will provide high level executive and strategic support to the CEO and Board as we seek to further extend CHF’s influence, brand visibility and organisational growth.
CHF works to achieve safe, quality, timely healthcare for all Australians, supported by accessible health information and systems. We are committed to human-centred co-design, and we want to strengthen our support for consumer leaders and advocates so they can play an instrumental role in shaping health policy, research, programs and services. We are looking for a passionate and talented candidate to join our team in a newly created position of Consumer and Community Engagement Expert Adviser.
- Provide high level support to the CEO to foster partnerships and strategic alliances
- Serve as an expert adviser on CCE methods and practices as part of the CHF team on commissioned projects and assignments including development of CCE frameworks, research, consumer coaching and mentoring, skills and resource development for clients
- Take a leadership role in the pursuit of commissioned business development opportunities for CHF including the development of proposals and cost estimations for clients in response to tenders and direct commissions
- In conjunction with the Digital Health Coordinator, review CHF’s online digital engagement practices
- Develop and manage the transition to a contemporary, fit-for-purpose online engagement platform and administer the platform on an ongoing basis
- To lead, develop and/or coordinate education, training and other resources to support participants in the Consumer Representatives Program
- Expand the participation in and diversity of the Consumer Representatives Program and coordinate the program on a day-to-day basis
- Administer, improve and further develop Consumer Link, the consumer representatives FaceBook group and other knowledge exchange forums for consumer leaders and representatives
- Support and build on CHF activities that offer member value
- To assist the Executive Officer with membership management
- Leadership of CHF’s transition to a modern, online engagement platform and information clearinghouse
- Expert consumer and community engagement services and advice to CHF members, clients and stakeholders
- Leadership and coordination of growth, maturity and diversity CHF’s Consumer Representatives Program
- Assistance with the provision of value and support to CHF members
What it takes
Must haves include:
- Extensive experience and expertise in consumer and community engagement strategy and methods as an adviser and/or practitioner preferably in the health care sector
- Experience in the not-for-profit ‘for purpose’ sector including business development skills
- Experience in program/project development and management
- High level facilitation and co-design skills including knowledge of contemporary consumer and community engagement frameworks such as IAP2
- Excellent communication, stakeholder relationship management and interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated high level understanding of the benefits and barriers to partnering with consumers
- Competency with database/CRM applications and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as social science, public health, health promotion, communications or community development
- Working in a busy and complex environment where there are competing demands, tight deadlines and limited resources.
- Determining appropriate action to be taken when responding to issues raised by internal and external stakeholders.
Conditions of employment
- Full time one-year fixed term contract with the option of renewal
- Hours: 38 hours per week
- Salary Range: $93,820 per annum total remuneration package + health promotion charity benefits
- Conditions: National Employment Standards, Employment Contract, Company policies and procedures
Our organisational objectives are:
- Advocating for impact – making credible and authoritative contributions to national health and social care policy and system design
- Consumers shaping health – equipping consumer leaders to act with impact and influence
- Partnering for purpose – strategically partnering with members, networks and stakeholders to maximise the impact of consumer voices and shape better health and social care
- Resilient and strong – maintain and growing a strong and diverse membership and assuring our financial sustainability.
Our organisational values are:
- We work together
- We show respect
- We are committed to excellence
- We honour trust and integrity
- We are daring
CHF has a flexible workplace policy. For the right candidate, we will consider remote working arrangements.
For more information or a confidential discussion of the role contact Kate Lyttle on Tel: 02 6273 5444 or Email: K.Lyttle@chf.org.au.
Applications close: 5:00 PM AEST, Thurs 22nd Jul 2021
For more: the position description is attached below: