Hosted by the Centre for Palliative Care, the Colloquium provides an invaluable opportunity for those involved in the provision of evidence based care of patients with advanced disease to learn, connect and collaborate.
The keynote speaker this year is Professor Hal Swerissen from Grattan Institute, who will start us off by talking about how palliative care research can influence health policy.
Other topics that will be discussed during the 5th Australian Palliative Care Research Colloquium include:
- Conducting research in medical education: how we might use data to demonstrate efficacy and drive practice change.
- Program Logic: Preparation prevents poor performance – using planning frameworks to develop, conduct and measure the impact of your research.
- Clinical Trials: Changing the World!
- All you need to know about the methodological insights when conducting palliative care research involving complex populations.
- The world needs to know about your research: Using social media to disseminate your work.
CHF's Digital Communications Coordinator, Dean Hewson, will be speaking on, 'Exploring the use of social media to engage the community about health care research'.