National Coordinator - Youth Health Forum
The Consumers Health Forum (CHF) is seeking to fill a short-term vacancy for the role of National Coordinator - Youth Health Forum (to the end of February 28 2023).
The Youth Health Forum (YHF) is a network of over a hundred young leaders from across Australia who work together to determine and champion youth perspectives on the current health system.
The Forum was established by CHF to ensure the voice of young health consumers is heard in shaping policy, programs, and services and is funded to March 2023 under a grant from the Department of Health and Aged Care.
YHF are a diverse group of young people and not health policy experts, but experience matters. Members are aged 18 — 30 and use the health and social care system or represent people who do. The views of YHF highlight key areas that will help shape the health of Australians in the future.
The National Coordinator provides leadership, coordination and support to YHF and a small group of designated Youth Leaders to ensure the key deliverables are achieved.
The National Coordinator will manage a number of projects already underway, liaise with other national youth-focused organisations, and provide advice to the Board and CEO on a range of policy issues relevant to young health consumers.
About this position
The successful applicant will:
- Provide leadership and support to the Youth Health Forum and Young Leaders Group by coordinating activities and being the conduit between them and CHF
- Coordinate the activities of the Youth Health Forum to ensure all contracted deliverables are delivered on time and budget
- Provide policy advice on younger people’s health issues to the Board, CEO and Policy Director
- Build capacity to amplify the voice and participation of young health consumers to advocate effectively for health policy, program, and services relevant to young people
The position will be 30-35 h/w (negotiable) and based in Canberra. A remote appointment would be considered for the right applicant.
Salary to be negotiated with the successful candidate but circa $80,000 FTE, plus superannuation at the statutory rate. Salary packaging in line with Registered Health Promotion Charity status is also available.
Conditions: National Employment Standards, Employment Contract, Company policies and procedures
About Consumers Health Forum
The Consumers Health Forum of Australia (CHF) is the national peak body representing the interests of Australian healthcare consumers. CHF works to achieve safe, quality, timely healthcare for all Australians, supported by accessible health information and systems. We are committed to human-centred co-design, and we want to strengthen our support for consumer leaders and advocates so they can play an instrumental role in shaping health policy, research, programs and services. We are looking for a passionate and talented candidate to join our team.
How to apply
To express your interest, please submit a cover letter and short CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “YHF National Coordinator EOI” by midnight 21 August 2022
For more information on the position contact email email@example.com.
Our organisational objectives are:
- Advocating for impact – making credible and authoritative contributions to national health and social care policy and system design
- Consumers shaping health – equipping consumer leaders to act with impact and influence
- Partnering for purpose – strategically partnering with members, networks and stakeholders to maximise the impact of consumer voices and shape better health and social care
- Resilient and strong – maintain and growing a strong and diverse membership and assuring our financial sustainability.
Our organisational values are:
- We work together
- We show respect
- We are committed to excellence
- We honour trust and integrity
- We are daring
Our Strategic Plan 2018-2022 is accompanied by a long-term funding diversification plan.
CHF has a flexible workplace policy. For the right candidate, we will consider remote working arrangements.
Applications close: Midnight(AEST), Sunday 21st Aug 2022