A discussion on the media coverage of the Covid pandemic with ACT ABC Friends
- How well has the media handled the demands of reporting on and analyzing the biggest pandemic in a century?
- What have we learnt?
- Has media coverage been of overall benefit for health consumers?
Join health and media researchers, health practitioners and journalists as they present the findings of recent studies, discuss the challenges they faced and evaluate the media’s reporting and analysis.
Recorded 3 Nov 2021
- Professor Kerry McCallum, News and Media Research Centre; University of Canberra
- Dr Norman Swan, Physician and Journalist, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Jennifer Doggett, Journalist, Croakey Health Media
- Dr Sanjaya Senanayake, Infectious Diseases Specialist
- John Flannery, Public Affairs Director, Healing Foundation
If you have any questions or comments contact Mark Metherell, Communications Director, M.Metherell@chf.org.au.