CHF wants to put consumers in control of their own health and care. We are Australia’s leading advocate on consumer healthcare issues. Our vision is for a world class health and social care system centred on consumers and communities.
By becoming a member of CHF you will help us ensure that the consumer perspective is front and centre as health policy is shaped. When you join CHF, you get access to a range of professional and personal benefits. These include opportunities to be involved in shaping national health and social care policy through our surveys, special interest groups and Consumer Representatives Forum; exclusive updates on national health developments and CHF advocacy through our media releases and publications; and involvement as experts in key CHF policy roundtables and events with Ministers and government decision makers.
A full outline of member benefits can be found here
You are Joining a National Organisation
CHF is made up of a number of member organisations from around Australia. These members include state peak health consumer organisations, health consumer organisations and networks dedicated to particular health conditions and objectives and organisations with a general interest in healthcare consumer affairs. CHF members are highly valued partners in our efforts to ensure consumer and community-centred care is a priority for decision makers.
CHF aims to advocate for impact. We make credible, authoritative and constructive contributions to national policy and system design, strive to set the agenda for a consumer centred health system and advocate for the changes needed to realise that future.
When you join CHF you are joining over 150 organisations and individuals. You will be helping us ensure that when we advocate on behalf of consumers we do so with the confidence that we are representing the views and interests of the majority of organisations and individuals in Australia.
CHF is actively involved in advocating for improved, consumer-focused health care in key areas such as:
* The impact of high out of pocket medical costs
* Working for consumer-friendly reforms of private health insurance
* Working to uphold and improve Australia's quality and safety record by working agencies such as the Therapeutic Goods Administration for improved regulation of medications and medical devices and the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare
* Supporting integrated, consumer-focused primary health care by partnering with Primary Health Networks
* Promoting the role of consumers in health and medical research
* Advocating for consumer interests in the development of My Health Record and digital health
* Representing consumers in the review of the Medicare Benefits Schedule
Associate Membership is available to for-profit and not-for-profit organisations and individuals who support the aims and objectives of CHF.
Voting Membership is available to not-for-profit organisations with aims and objectives which represent consumer views and interests.
Acceptance as a Voting Member requires a majority vote of the CHF Board of Directors who may request additional information in relation to the applicant’s Constitution, membership and activities. Please refer to the below document to learn more about the criteria to become a Voting Member.