2020-21 was an exciting year for CHF, from working with our growing member base to reach millions of consumers, to launching initiatives that will make a real difference to Australia's healthcare system. Read our Report Card to learn more.
- CHF’s impact has continued to strengthen over the past year despite COVID-19’s curbs on face-to-face contacts with our members and stakeholders. Indeed our take-up of Zoom and Teams meetings has enabled more out reach than ever in listening to, and advocating on behalf of health consumers.
- CHF’s virtual interaction came through with flying colours when CHF staged its first Australasian conference --- the Shifting Gears summit on health consumer experience and leadership which attracted 800-plus registrants logging on to the real-time conference sessions from around the world. See coverage of the conference in our Health Voices ejournal and the conference report by Croakey Health Media.
- Another highly successful first for CHF was our inaugural Consumer Commission which, again through largely remote conferencing, brought together 30 health consumer leaders from around Australia and produced a comprehensive report on the future directions for health care post-COVID in its report: Making Health Better.
- We continue to monitor and report on community responses through our Australia’s Health Panel surveys on issues of the moment including COVID face masks, vaccinations and health literacy in the past year.
- And our special interest groups are keeping us in touch and active on issues including: Primary Health Care, Research & Data, Digital Health, Safety & Quality in Healthcare and Rural & Remote Health.