Tuesday 31st January 12.30 AEDT
Electronic Prescriptions: a secure and convenient alternative to paper prescriptions
An electronic prescription is a digital form of a paper prescription. It is a safe, convenient and secure option that you can choose for any of your medicines.
Electronic prescriptions can be particularly useful if you have a telehealth appointment or are unable to leave your home. If you choose to receive an electronic prescription from your prescriber, you will receive it in the form of a token via an SMS or email. This can then be accessed whenever you’re ready - saving you time and streamlining the process. Alternatively, you may choose to register for the Active Script List with your pharmacy, meaning that you will not need to manage individual electronic prescription tokens.
Join our experts from the Australian Digital Health Agency who will cover electronic prescriptions in more detail:
- recognise the benefits of electronic prescription tokens and the Active Script List
- understand how to access an electronic prescription token via SMS or email
- manage an electronic prescription token to get your medicine
- recognise how to register for an Active Script List
There will also be an opportunity for questions throughout the presentation so please come prepared with any queries you might have.
- Kate Ellis - Digital Health Educator, Australian Digital Health Agency
- Geoff Briggs - Manager Education, Australian Digital Health Agency
- Tunde Kantor - Digital Health Educator, Australian Digital Health Agency
- Roma Cecera -Consumer Health Forum speaker