ACTA Consumer Engagement Project
The Australian Clinical Trials Alliance (ACTA) is the national peak body supporting and representing networks of clinician researchers conducting investigator-initiated clinical trials, clinical quality registries and clinical trial coordinating centres within the Australian healthcare system. CHF has partnered with ACTA to ensure consumer views and considerations are considered in its work, ultimately improving the strength and value of clinical trials in Australia through increased particpation by consumers and greater relevance to the broader population.
As part of this onoging project, activities that CHF has particpated to date in include:
- Joining the "ACTA Reference Group E: Strengthening Consumer Engagement in Developing, Conducting and Reporting Clinical Trials"
- Assisting in the development of a CI&E Clinical Trials Toolkit as part of a working group and a following writing group aiming to get the toolkit published in the academic literature.
- Collaborating on the publication "Facing the ethical challenges: consumer involvement in pandemic research" in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic which was published in the Journal of Bioethical Inquiry.
- Contributing to the "ACTA Clinical Trial Diversity Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)" project which including particpating in a national workshop and producing a National Position Statement.
- Participating in a workshop in March 2020 on "Proportionate Consent Model for Comparative Effectiveness Research"
- Attending the ACTA 2020 Summit.