The Code of Conduct lists the principles developed to safeguard the integrity of the Consumers Health Forum of Australia (CHF). The Code will guide CHF members and representatives in their association with CHF, and aims to ensure that conduct is consistent with and reflects the values enshrined in the Aims and Objectives of CHF. The Code should be interpreted broadly. The spirit of the Code should govern conduct.
CHF Code of Conduct
Members and representatives in their association with the Consumers Health Forum of Australia (CHF) must uphold the integrity of CHF at all times: and
- Behave honestly and with integrity.
- Act with due care and diligence.
- Comply with all applicable Australian laws.
Conflict of Interest
- Declare the potential for conflict of interest and to stand aside when conflict of interest exists or may be perceived.
- Pass on relevant information relating to conflict of interest of others.
- Show respect for all persons equally without distinction whatsoever of race, gender, religion, colour, national or ethnic origin, language, marital status, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, health status, disability, political conviction, or any other distinguishing feature.
- Maintain confidentiality of information, including but not limited to:
〈 treating as confidential appropriate information; and
〈 using discretion with regard to confidentiality.
- Not provide false or misleading information in response to a request for information.
- Not make improper use of one's position or information.
Use of Resources
- Use CHF and other organisation's resources in a proper manner.
- Acknowledge the contribution of co-workers in publication of original material.
- Apply standards relating to copyright and intellectual property.
Breaches of the Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct is supported by the CHF Constitution. Although, not underpinned by legislation a breach of the Code could be expected to be the basis for disciplinary action.
For breaches or possible breaches refer to the Client Complaints Procedure.